Rebuild Your Database
PlayStation players should take advantage of the 'Rebuild Database' feature. This feature scans the drive and creates a new database of all content, thus cleaning the drive. It works as a defragmenter and fixes issues, frees up memory space, and speeds up your console.
- Press and hold the PlayStation button on your controller.
- Select "Turn Off PS".
- Press and Hold down the power button on the front of the PlayStation, until the console beeps twice (once immediately, then another after a few seconds of holding.)
- Connect your Dual Shock remote via USB cable.
- Press the PS button on the controller to pair devices.
- The console will now be in Safe Mode.
- Go to option “5. Rebuild Database” and press X.
- “The database will be rebuilt, it might take a few hours to rebuild the database” will be displayed, Select OK.
- The screen will go blank. Once the Rebuild is complete, the console will return to the sign-in screen.